Cosmetic Dentistry involves many procedures and today in this guide we’ll be discussing most of them nyc dental care. However before we get into the discussion of various procedures let us first understand that branch of dental treatment.
In general terms a cosmetic dentist is a dentist who performs restorative procedures. Despite the fact that this is apparently a restorative procedure but nevertheless the dental professional must have full knowledge of dental anatomy and should understand the dentistry substances. Apart from the most important part of cosmetic dentistry is your dentist itself. He/She ought to have the ability to communicate with their individual. They should also be able to convey their idea and vision to the lab technician so there’s not any difficulty in smile makeover. It requires years of practice, extensive study and training to get a professional to gain expertise in this field.
Although cosmetic dentistry is kind of restorative dentistry but still there are a few differences which we will need to understand. The focus and the degree of expertise in both the procedure differs. The goal of a cosmetic dentist is to improve the beauty of the teeth so that they not only look good but also function properly. The level of expertise required in performing this procedure is high and this is the reason why it is essential for a dentist to know the entire anatomy of teeth.
He will ask you what kind of smile do you prefer and the changes you would like to undergo. It’s always advisable to bring with you certain photos of past so the dentist can get an notion of how you used to look. You might have come for teeth whitening because of yellow teeth but the yellow teeth can be caused due to another problem. Once your dentist knows your preferences then it will be easier for them to proceed with the dental procedure.
Having said that let us now look into different Kinds of cosmetic dental procedures:
1. Teeth Whitening: This is absolutely the most widely carried out procedure in cosmetic dentistry.
2. Cosmetic Bonding: In this procedure a tooth-colored composite resin is attached to the teeth. This help in improving the appearance and strength of chipped teeth.
3. Porcelain and Composite Veneers: They work as a substitute of tooth enamel.
4. Porcelain Crowns: In case your teeth are heavily damaged then this cosmetic dentistry procedure is what you want to undergo.
5. Dental Implants: These are made out of titanium and they replace the root of the missing tooth.
6. Inlays and Onlays: Most of the times, fillings can be fabricated from porcelain or composite materials in a dental laboratory to more closely match the color of a tooth. When applied to the inside of the tooth, they are known as “Inlays.”
Cosmetic Dentistry is something which is here to stay for quite a long time. Folks would never want to stop looking nice and impressive. When you look and feel good, then you’ve got tremendous confidence in yourself. It is important to make certain that you brush your teeth and maintain oral hygiene so that the treatment doesn’t go waste.
Dr. Sunil Phol is a cosmetic dentistry specialist in Thailand. Having nearly two decades of experience, he believes that as we grow, we become less careful towards our health and as a consequence of our erratic eating habits we spoil our mouth and teeth to a great extent. So here he is letting out all the knowledge that he can, related to teeth problems and some common procedures that is carried out.